Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Random thought

Since I have yet to start school, I'm going use this to temporarily lay out my thoughts.

For some reason I have been thinking about names - people's names in particular - and how/why people would name their kids what they're named.

Celebrities and downright outrageous names aside, there are certain names that are commonplace and yet are incredibly ridiculous when you think about it. (I'm going to apologize in advance to anyone I might offend)

First of all, guys should not be named Cody. I'd like to put it out there with how many professional, respected, or powerful people are named Cody? My girlfriend just brought up a very simple formula when it comes to naming a child: just add "Chief Justice" in front of the name. If you can have a straight face while saying Chief Justice Cody ..., by all means, name your kid Cody. Otherwise, he's just going to end up to be some kind of douchebag frat boy.

Other names that come to mind is when people use a last name for a first name. Names like Anderson, Frederickson, McKenzie, and so forth. For women, I guess the name McKenzie is not that bad, but for men whose names are a last name, doesn't it make you want to punch them?

Also, I don't like the name, Skylar. Why are people named Skylar?

Ok, I might have offended people. Maybe I'm just bored at work. (btw, today marks one year that I've been at OHSU)

No comments:

Post a Comment