Sunday, October 28, 2012

after 3 years...

Well, turns out med school is actually busier than I thought and now that I'm wrapping it up, time to add in some good stories.  I have now decided to compile some of the more interesting interactions with attendings/residents/patients that I have encountered throughout my time in the clinical settings.  Enjoy today's 2 for 1!

[Female patient is presenting with back pain]
Attending: So do you know what you're going to ask this patient first?
Me: ???
[Attending takes the computer mouse and hovers the cursor over the first sentence of the HPI which reads: "Pt is a dancer"]
Attending: Now do you know what you're going to ask?

[Patient is an inmate and the attending is finally able to raise the head of a powered table after 5 minutes of manually trying]
Attending: OH! it's an ELECTRIC chair!
Patient/inmate: (Nervous chuckle)

No comments:

Post a Comment